Monday, August 28, 2006

transformed by the grasp

we are like an infant in the arms of God, unable to grasp but being transformed by the grasp.
Peter Rollins
How (Not) To Speak Of God


i always enjoy reading an author who seems to be writing what's been locked up in my head. each page i turn i find myself nodding thinking, 'exactly!' as i drag my highlighter across another sentence/paragraph that i would have written had i only been more committed/eloquent/focused.

this is not one of those books. rollins, founder of Ikon in Belfast, is tapping things that make me both uncomfortable and at home at the same time. faith as a/theistic. God revealed and hidden. my head spins... and i'm only a chapter or two in.

thanks to brad for turing me on to this stuff... now if i can only get a cup of coffee large enough to help me through this stuff. possibly more to come as i wrap my head around the "hypernymity" of God. his being unknown, not because he is anonymous, but because he is hyper present... yeah, this might take a while.


No comments: