Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Lately . . .

Every year, since I was a kid, my mom would have a little gift for my five brothers and I for St. Nick Night. My grandma always added to it a little something, along with an ornament for each of us. Every year, my brothers and I hang our ornaments from Grandma on the tree and they are a reminder of the special years we shared with her while she was alive. When Sophi was born, my mom decided to start her own "ornament every year from Grandma" tradition. So this year, Sophi got a little St. Nick treat, along with "ornament #2" from Grandma and Grandpa Ullmer. Thanks, Mom, for continuing this special tradition with your grandkids.

My friend Lori and I are enjoying being pregnant together. She's due just 6 weeks before me.

Last week, Jason and I had our leadership team from Water City over for a Christmas Dinner (not everyone made this particular photo - busy playing the Wii, I think).



After dinner, I forced/ strongly encouraged everyone to join me in a very fun and creative project - making our own ornaments. Here you can see the how much everyone enjoyed the 2 hour process of shoving tiny pins into styrofoam balls after threading them with beads and sequins.

2 comments:

L said...

oh how we miss you guys...your little christmas dinner looked like so much fun (making christmas ornaments and all). amy -- i can't believe how fast the time has gone -- you're as cute as ever pregnant (and lori too)! love it!!! can't wait to see you guys soon!

bradandgeo said...

looks like yous have got yerselves a talented team of people there...