Thursday, December 04, 2008

Lefse

Being of Norwegian descent, I've been eating lefse all my life. It's a delicious flatbread made mostly of potatoes. My grandmother was the first to teach me how to make it about 15 years ago. Since then , my mom and I try to make it every year. This year, my sister-in-law Wendy, cousin Mary, and Sophi joined us. We had a wonderful afternoon together and each went home that day with our precious little stacks of lefse. :)

The recipe we use comes from my grandma's sister, Mae, who actually worked in Door County making lefse to sell in a tourist shop for many years. She's known as the expert lefse-maker.


Wendy and Mary, mixing the riced potatoes with flour.

Sophi has her own, kid-sized, lefse rolling pin.
My mom, rolling one out.


The aftermath . . .

No comments: