Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Oscar bets the farm . . .




Hello all! As promised, Sophi and I have some more exciting stories to share with you. Let's start with one about Oscar (our brittany spaniel):

Sophi, Mom and I went to visit my friend Shana (see last night's post) and her mom, Sherry. Shana has two little dogs (Shitzu breed, I believe) and they love other animals. So she asked us to bring Oscar out with us when we came. We did. Sherry lives out in the country. Long story short, when we got out of the car, Oscar and the two little dogs got pretty excited. The little ones started to chase Oscar who was happy to oblige by running from them at top speed. At first it was just around the yard. Before I knew it, Oscar had taken off down the country highway in the direction of a nearby farm, two little dogs trailing behind. Shana and I took off running after them (me in my flip flops), calling for them to come back. From previous experience, I knew full well that Oscar had no intentions of stopping or of turning around to come come back to me and his leash. He was living a dream . . .to run wild and free straight toward a whole farmyard of animals. We followed the three of them to the farm, where they, by the time we arrived, had already gotten in with the baby calves and were chasing them around their pen. The chickens were the next target. Oscar left the calves and started chasing them around the farmyard. I finally caught up with Oscar when he pounced onto one of the poor foul and had it in his mouth. I got Oscar to let go and the chicken just sat there, surrounded by a whirlwind of feathers in the air. Oscar got the beating of his life (not really, but I did whack him good) and I think the chicken eventually walked away from the scene of the accident -unharmed, for the most part, but with a lot fewer feathers. Oscar, needless to say, is exhausted (see image above).

The other image is one that confirms, once again, that Sophi is definitely her daddy's girl.
Name: Sophi
Age: 5 months
Soft drink of choice: Coke
(Thanks, Uncle Tim, for introducing it to her!)

2 comments:

jasandaim said...

the best day of oscar's life! he'll be dreaming about that one for years. but now, i fear we've awakend the cow hearder in him...an instinct we feared would eventually surface.

Burkinator said...

So the boy is in Amsterdam, eh? Look out Netherlands! Hope he avoids the International Court at The Hague. Your farm adventure in the meantime makes me glad to have an indoor cat for the first time. You should take a road trip in his absence (Jason, not the dog)...to NC. And meet me and Camp at the beach!